10 April 2009

Once upon a time in nanny-land......

When you go through your stacks and get organized, you find some interesting things, like this. It's one of my earliest, maybe even THE VERY first of my children's pencil sketches. There is no way this one can go without a posting. And it was a timely find since I've been a sick puppy all week and have lapsed in my daily work. (excuses, excuses - grrrrrrrr!)

Anyway, everyone who knew me in college, also knew little Samantha. She was my precious little charge when I worked as a live-out nanny back in the day. I guess this portrait of her was a real indication of what my future would be. See the date on the bottom? Yep, that says 1996!? And here we are, 13 years later and I'm still capturing kids on paper and canvas.

You can snag a piece of history for yourself, if you like. Ya'll know where to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment