19 February 2009

Designing A Crest


I recently reconnected with a friend from high school. He has taken the priesthood as his vocation and is studying in Rome. We visited when he was here in the States for Christmas. It was so inspiring to hear someone speak so passionately about his faith. We actually stumbled across one another on Facebook (yay FB!) when I had asked him to say a mass for a friend's newborn who was having some medical issues. The baby is just perfectly fine now, and it makes you wonder about the mystery of it all. Needless to say, you don't question the outcome. You just give thanks.
Well, when Father asked me if I would design a crest to symbolize his priesthood, of course I said yes. The above has been created like a blueprint. It's a first proof, sketched by hand, using elements that Father requested. I will post the completed version in a week or two so you all can see the progression. I have faith it will turn out just perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment