22 January 2009

Pencil Portrait Cuteness


Pencil portraits of children are a staple in my workload each month. I do especially large quantities of them during the holiday season each year. They're a great gift for those pesky folks who have everything.

Anyway, a client of mine (who has since become a very dear friend) gave me an awesome opportunity to do this touching father and son portrait of her 2 favorite guys. I love it. It's definitely holding the 1st Place position amongst my favorite recent pieces. The grip of that tiny hand and the barely touching noses? It is my joy to complete drawings like this one that capture a moment and not just facial features. I know its complete when I look at it and have the immediate instinct to say "awwww."

I knew this one was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment